Sunday, September 5, 2010

School Has Started

We were all so happy to get back into school this week. The kids all love their teachers, but none of them have many friends from the year before. They are all ready to make new friends. I love having a schedule again. It's nice to get everyone going in the morning and we have jumped head first into our after school activities. MaryLynn decided she wants to play Cello at school with Nathan. I signed her up. We'll see how mom will get to transport two cellos to school and back!


We found out about a visiting author/illustrator at an area bookstore, so we had to go.

He was so great with the kids. He read his book and then drew some pictures that the kids got to color.

He would ask the kids what to draw and then he would draw it. It was funny because the book was all about telling fibs. The kids had a hard time thinking of fibs for him to tell that the author could draw.


Here's the kids with Darren Farrell, his book and the drawing he did just for them.

We brought home the drawing and colored it. It is now hanging in MaryLynn's room.

I'm excited to get back to work on my book. I can't wait to see a finished product. Of course, right now I would be happy with just a finished first draft! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Being Silly

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!